A Diverter Valve opens and closes to direct hot water to your taps or central heating, depending on your choice.
This is the simple explanation, but you may very well have more questions to ask such as:
- What does a diverter valve look like?
- Common diverter valve problems?
- What should I do if I find a faulty diverter valve?
- How much does a diverter valve cost?
- When wouldn’t I need to replace my diverter valve?
You might need to replace your diverter valve if you’re not able to get your hot water or heating supply working independently. You’ll find that a combi boiler problem such as this can be more frequent is your boiler is getting old.
Perhaps you’ve heard your friends and family talk about diverter valves before. This is why it’s important to know what you’re buying. Diverter valve are only found in combi boilers, whereas other types would require an external valve. But if you want to learn more about this particular part of your combi boiler, you’ve come to the right place!
Let’s see what else there is to know about diverter valves!